Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Preparing for the Feast

It is that time of year again when our thoughts should be turned to preparing for the feast. Not the physical feast that will happen at the end of November but the spiritual feast that will be at the beginning of October. General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint is one of my favorite times of the year and as a result I thought it would be appropriate to create a paper chain to countdown the days.

This idea started out as a simple paper chain that I could hang in the front room for the children to see and countdown the days until conference. My thought was that this would help them see that this is something that is important in our lives and something to be looked forward to. However, over the last few weeks it has evolved a bit and became a bit more significant.

Each link of the chain not only contains a quote from one or two of the talks given in the general sessions in April but it also contains a challenge related to that talk. My hope is that as we make a special effort to put what we learned last April into action we will be better prepared for the messages we will hear this coming October. I would like to invite each of you to join us in this journey as we count down the days until General Conference.

I created this free printable to hopefully make this a simple as possible for you to create and start. Today, September 12th, there are 24 days until General Conference. If you do not get the chain made up today, just include one or so less links once you do. Also, I will be doing this challenge in a digital format on my Instagram account @motheringamidangels so feel free to follow me there.
Click Here for Free PDF Download 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs